Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin Pie dip

Some of you may have missed the Pumpkin Pie dip that our Willow House bloggers posted a couple of weeks ago.  Kelly, my Willow House hostess for today, served this dip at her party with ginger snap cookies.  It was delicious!  Here is the recipe if you want to try it yourself:




Pumpkin Pie Dip

1 pie pumpkin

2 packages cream cheese (reduced fat is OK)

2 to 3 cups powdered sugar

1 15-oz can pumpkin

1 TBSP ground cinnamon

2 tsp ground ginger

tiny dash of salt

gingersnaps


Let your cream cheese get really soft. Use a hand mixer to blend it together with the powdered sugar until smooth. Note: Do this slowly or you will create a confectioners sugar cloud in your kitchen. Once you have it nice and smooth, add in the pumpkin and spices. Taste it at this point and add more sugar and spice if you’d like.

You can serve it right away, but it’s best if you let it chill for a day and to allow the flavors develop. Serve it in a hollowed out pie pumpkin surrounded by gingersnaps. Enjoy!

(P.S.  Kelly also has some great crockpot recipes to share with me.  I'll post them soon!)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I think that i will have to try this! We are going to be in Auburn this weekend for the GA game and we want to see the two of you! I will get in touch with you this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I'm so excited. Please call us:) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started following you and am hoping to win that November $50 giveaway! I'm making this dip for my Mom's group at church tomorrow. Love the hollowed out pumpkin idea - I think it's going to present so well!

    ReplyDelete